We all remember the outage that happened a little while ago. RIM has decided to make it up to us by allowing users to get apps that normally cost money for free. Personally I didn’t feel that RIM had to do anything like this at all. Outages happen and have happened to many other companies, but it says a lot about RIM that they have done this for their users.
Here is the list of all the apps so far, and there will be more added from now to the end of the year. They will continue to give away all of these apps thru 12/31/11.
Shazam Encore -Normally 5.99
Thank you for choosing and supporting BlackBerry®. In appreciation, Shazam Encore is free of charge for a limited time (a $5.99 USD value), compliments of BlackBerry.
Take the ultimate music journey with our premium app - Encore.
• Identify what song is playing (unlimited Tags*)
• Buy the track
• Share Tags by text, email, Twitter or Facebook
• Read track and album reviews
• See what’s hot with Shazam’s Tag Chart
• Watch YouTube videos
• Search music by artist, track and lyrics
• View lyrics**
• Discover new music using Recommendations
Unlimited Tags and Recommendations are exclusive to Encore.
* Subject to fair usage policy
** North America only
DriveSafe.ly Pro – Normally 19.99
Thank you for choosing and supporting BlackBerry®. In appreciation, DriveSafe.ly Pro is free of charge for a limited time (a $19.99 USD value), compliments of BlackBerry.
* #1 MOBILE APP AGAINST DISTRACTED DRIVING
*OVER 12 MIL USERS, 600 MIL POTENTIAL DISTRACTED DRIVING INCIDENTS PREVENTED
*FEATURED ON CNN, CNET, ABC, FOX, TECHCRUNCH, CRACKBERRY & MORE
DriveSafe.ly 2.0 speaks txt (SMS) and email messages aloud so you can
concentrate on the road. Eliminate temptation to drive distracted-let
DriveSafe.ly read txts (texts) and respond by voice with Pro.
DriveSafe.ly 2.0 Pro lets you chat by sending text responses by voice and
use voice commands like: repeat message, or call back sender. Drive safe
listening to messages without texting while driving or reading emails in
car. Drive - respond by voice, hands-free. DriveSafe.ly stops texting while
-Play incoming txt (text) SMS/email messages
-Play messages on demand
-Customize length of message read out loud up to unlimited words (default to
-App does not slow down your phone
-Customizable auto-response and timeout duration
-Respond to texts by voice (email voice response not supported)
-Text to Speech and voice recognition powered by www.iSpeech.org Mobile TTS,
ASR API for Developers
-7.0 support and now support all Countries
-Support for the following languages
US English Female,US English Male,UK English Female,UK English Male,AU
English Female,Latin Spanish Female,Latin Spanish Male,Chinese
Female,Chinese Male,HK Cantonese Female,Taiwan Chinese Female,Japanese
Female,Japanese Male,Korean Female,Korean Male,Hungarian Female,BR
Portuguese Female,EU Portuguese Female,EU Portuguese Male,EU Spanish
Female,EU Spanish Male,EU Catalan Female,EU Czech Female,EU Danish Female,EU
Finnish Female,EU French Female,EU French Male,EU Norwegian Female,EU Dutch
Female,EU Dutch Male,EU Polish Female,EU Italian Female,EU Italian Male,EU
Turkish Female,EU Turkish Male,EU German Female,EU German Male,Russian
Female,Russian Male,Swedish Female,CA French Female,CA French Male
How to use DriveSafe.ly:
1. Download DriveSafe.ly from BlackBerry App World or www.DriveSafe.ly from
your BlackBerry Browser
2. Install and Run. REBOOT IF PROMPTED.
3. In your Downloads or Applications folder, click on the DriveSafe.ly icon
DriveSafe.ly will launch
4. Agree to DriveSafe.ly TOS after reading, and if you agree
5. DriveSafe.ly is now on and will read your text and emails when they
6. To turn off DriveSafe.ly, click the On button, which will change to "Off"
7. Adjust settings by clicking on "Settings"
Vlingo Virtual Assistant – Normally 19.99
Thank you for choosing and supporting BlackBerry®. In appreciation, Vlingo - Virtual Assistant is free of charge for a limited time (a $19.99 USD value), compliments of BlackBerry.
Vlingo is your very own Virtual Assistant. Simply speak to Vlingo and it will help you do more stuff, faster and easier than before. Try saying "Text John; What's up?" or "find italian restaurants" or even "update Facebook; I'm on a boat!" Download to learn everything Vlingo can do for you.
“Vlingo will do whatever you've told it to do” - Wall Street Journal
"Vlingo adds Jedi-like levels of mind tricks" - CNET
"Vlingo is dope." - MC Hammer
Nobex Radio Premium – Normally 9.99
Thank you for choosing and supporting BlackBerry®. In appreciation, Nobex Radio Premium is free of charge for a limited time (a $9.99 USD value), compliments of BlackBerry.
Never miss your favorite radio programs again!
With the premium version of Nobex Radio you will instantly be able to:
Listen to premium, international content from over 16,000 stations in more than 100 countries around the world. Streaming is done either over WiFi, or through the carrier's network. If you have problems streaming, send us an email to email@example.com and we'll guide you how to set up the connection to the carrier network.
Share what you are listening to with your friends through the new BBM integration, Facebook or Twitter!
Personalize Nobex Radio with your own pictures.
Get access to the “My Account” page which keeps track of the last songs you requested.
See the playlist of over 3,000 radio stations.
Additional features include:
Get Songs with a single click, right from your mobile device. Or, receive an email with links to buy the song on your PC, so you can always keep your music collection fresh!
Run Nobex Radio on sleep timer - choose anywhere between 15 minutes to 2 hours
Watch YouTube videos of your favorite songs
Nobex Radio: Never miss your favorite radio program again!
Photo Editor Ultimate – Normally 1.99
Thank you for choosing and supporting BlackBerry®. In appreciation, Photo Editor Ultimate is free of charge for a limited time (a $1.99 USD value), compliments of BlackBerry.
Photo Editor Ultimate is the ultimate photo editor for your BlackBerry®! You can edit your images easily and send them to all your friends. A menu item will be shown when you use the file explorer and select images, which makes it easy to start editing.
- Load an image from the menu item in the BlackBerry® file viewer or use the application to load one.
- Rotate (set rotating angle) and/or flip (horizontal, vertical, diagonal)
- Resize (set width, height, get the size of the image)
- Crop (draw a rectangular to which the image will be cropped)
- Change the brightness, contrast and/or gamma
- Apply manual color filters (change Alpha/Red/Green/Blue and/or Hue/Saturation/Luminosity values)
- Color filters: Alien, Black& White, Channel mix, Color filter, Exposure, Gain, Gamma RGB, Gray tint, Gray scale, Infrared, Invert (negative), Map, Mask, Posterize, Quantize, Random, Rescale, Retro, Sepia, Solarize, Swap, Threshold, Transparency, Tritone
- Effects: Border, Bulge, Circle, Diffuse, Dissolve, Edge detect, Emboss, Emboss color, Fisheye, Frei-Chen edge, Gaussian blur, Jitter, Kaleidoscope, Marble, Mean removal, Mirror, Noise, Offset, Pinch, Polar, Pixelate, Prewitt edge, Reflection, Ripple, Sharpen, Smoothen, Sphere, Swim, Tile, Tilt-shift, Time-warp, Tint, Twirl, Water, Wave
- Add text using our online font database *
- Add clipart *
- Overlay a second image *
- Combine two images horizontal, vertical, diagonal, intertwine (enable/disable borders) or create a photo booth
- Paint on the image **
- Apply an effect to part of the image: Bulge, Twirl, Wave, Jitter, Pixelate
- Partly color **
- Cloning tool, draw with one brush which draws what another arc is moving over **
- Save the image to the memory or sdcard using a save file dialog, overwrite the loaded image, save to the pictures folder or save as wallpaper (fill/fit)
- Send the image by email as an attachment
- Upload to TwitPic, Imgur, Tumblr, Glowfoto, ImageShack, your own server with POST (copies url to clipboard)
- Preview the image (zooming supported)
- Change the settings of the application: change image quality, change filename format, enable/disable popup on closing and change maximum width and height of a loaded image
* resize, transparency, color filters, effects, contrast, brightness, gamma, manual color filter, rotate, flip
** change brush size, transparency and/or movement
Frequently asked questions:
How do I start it?
You can use the homescreen icon or you can use the BlackBerry® file viewer, select an image and use the BlackBerry® menu button to select the Photo Editor Ultimate menu item.
I get a null error when I try to open a picture?
Go to the options page of your device and set all permissions for this application to allow.
Will it use my internet connection?
Yes, when you use the clipart option or the text option, data will be downloaded through your available internet connection.
Photo, editor, photoshop, photo shop, edit, editing, photos, images, imaging, image, correct, revise, rotating, clockwise, counter clockwise, bright, contrasting, resizing, resized, colors, grayscale, gray, scaling, flipping, texting, words, word, save, send, uploading, e-mail, mail, post, wallpapers, mirroring, old-fashioned effect, dated effect, historical effect, color drop, drop a color, color part, overlay, overlaying, combining, combine photos, chain, dye, coat, funny, laugh, laughing, fun, bulge, swell, lump, knob, hump, spiral, twist, loop, whirl, spin, circle, turn, rimple, rimples, pixel, pixels, timewarp, interweave, warping, warp, clip art, clone, brush, brushing, clone tool, gamma, manually, argb, alpha, red, green, blue, rgb, hsl, hue, sat, saturation, lum, lightness, tiltshift, tilt shift, fonts, ttf, truetype
Here are all the games available compliments of RIM
– Bubble Bash 2
– Sims 3
– Sim City Deluxe
As more apps come out, we will update this post. Enjoy all the free goodness.